29.01.2020 High Institution of Justice for Judicial Independence
In order to offer a solution to the outstanding problems within the Turkish judiciary, the report includes a comprehensive proposal of forming a “Superior Board of Justice”.
The proposal envisages the adoption of a structure which:
- Fully assures and secures the independence of the judiciary;
- Will be owned by all stakeholders relating to the judiciary;
- Will eliminate any political influence on the functioning of the judiciary;
- Will enable the lawyers, judges and prosecutors, as elements of the judiciary, to be organised in their own professional organisations;
- Will separate the judicial activities and the organs deciding judicial policy;
- Will open all kinds of court judgments and rulings to judicial review, thereby fully and effectively assuring judicial accountability; and
- Will position the Constitutional Courts as the ‘authority of appeal’ within the frame of the judicial review.
This proposal is in essence a prototype for a well-operating service organisation with a more developed structure and a strong and accountable body, making it compatible with all requirements of management science.